February 10, 2014

Family and friends,

 Thanks so much for all the love, prayers, and support. I can absolutely feel that, and it´s giving me strength.

I know that the Savior lives. It is absolutely impossible to do this work alone. It´s impossible to work in 110 degree weather every day and keep going. Impossible to keep strong with so much stress. I KNOW he lives. I know longer think, I no longer believe, I KNOW. What a sweet feeling it is to know that. When I look to the left or to the right, I know that literally he is there. I love him so much. I´m changing. My focus this transfer with the District was to forget the numbers, and focus on the spirituality of every missionary. I was able to recieve revelation on how to help them, and every time I related to them what the Savior revealed to me, or gave them advice, it always bore fruit. I´m so grateful to have been, and continue to be, his servant. I´m learning how to pattern my mission after the mission of the Savior.

This transfer was simply a miracle. My first transfer as a District Leader was absolutely fantasitic. I´ve never felt the love of the Lord more in my life. The district didn´t go a single week without a baptism. We were absolutely blessed. The transfer is over, and today the Assistants called me, released me as a District leader and called me as a Zone Leader. I´m nervous, but, it´s a calling of service. And like the scriptures say, the Lord calls on the weak things of the World, that they may become strong.

I love the following scripture:
 1 I am the true avine, and my Father is the husbandman.
 2 Every abranch in me that beareth not bfruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he cpurgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
 aAbide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
 5 I am the avine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without bme ye can do nothing.
 6 If a man aabide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
 7 If ye aabide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall bask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The fruits of a missionary are baptism. The Lord has commanded us invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them to recieve the restored Gospel, throught Faith, which leads to Repentance, which leads to Baptism.
When we are converted to the Gospel, we will be effective missionaries. President Pinho only talks about personal conversion. He never talks about the numbers, but is preocupied with the personal conversion ov every single missionary. Because of that, the Mission is having immense success.
I know that the Savior is really the head of this work. I´m excited for the future. When I think about the person I want to be getting off of that plane, I know I´m not nearly there yet. So I´m excited for these next months to be able to continue to feel the love of the Savior, to sacrifice, and to grow.
Love you all!
Elder Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment