May 24, 2013


Hey Mom and Madi!
Sorry, not enough time to email everyone, so I'll just send one to both of you. First off, my calling is keeping me crazy busy. It is the absolute busiest calling a missionary can have at the MTC. Theres 2 ZLs for about every 120 missionaries, so we have a LOT of stuff to do. About a week ago, my companion and I felt the prompting that we needed top go have a testimony meeting with one of our favorite districts. We sat down, shared our knowledge of the truth of the Gospel, and by the end we were all in tears. Afterward, one of the Elders told us that he was thinking about going home, but because of the love of the Savior he felt through us, he gained a strong testimony and is excited to stay. You can ABSOLUTELY feel the spirit every day at home. Give your Father in Heaven some of your time each day, because he has given you everything you have. No matter what's going on in your life, you ALWAYS have time for him. The second you become "too busy" for him, the spirit will cease to be with you, and satan will take his place.
I testify to you, Mae mae, that the spirit of God id the most valuable thing that we have. It has become my most prized posession. Your wierd older brother has been called by the almighty God to preach the Gospel to the poor. And as wierd as I am, I promise you that I will not let him down. I will work my hardest every single day for the rest of my mission, and for the rest of my life to do nothing but serve him. He lives. He loves you. He knows you. He wants nothing more than for you to be happy, and happiness comes only through obedience to Heavenly Father. While Elder Childs and I were talking to one of our districts the other day, we had a prompting that we needed to talk to a single Elder. We hugged him, let him know that we loved him, and that we are here for him. He started crying (and he's a big guy), and told us that he'd been praying for the Lord to help him feel loved. Through my companion and I, we were able to help him feel that love. I promise you that if you only dedicate a little more time each day to the Savior, pray sincerely, pay attention in seminary, and constantly be striving to serve others, the Spirit of God will be with you. While I have 34 more sisters now, you're still my favorite  
Don't get sucked into useless stuff at school. Don't ever let anyone make you feel worthless. Stay away from drama. Keep yourself clean. You are a sacred Daughter of God, and you know the truth of the restored Gospel. That is what's important. My biggest regret in life is trying so hard to make other people like me. Once I got out of High School, I realized how pointless all of that was. When we stand before the judgment bar of God (which will come much sooner than you think), it will not matter how many people liked or disliked you. All that will matter is how obedient you were to the commandments. Don't be afraid to tell your friends about the Church. There is no such thing as this church, that church, or that church. There is the truth, and there is not. I bear you my witness that this is the true and only true church of God. In the pre-life, you sided with the Lord. You were valiant, and stood for that wich is right. And guess what. Every other single person at East Lake High School did too. They didn't have the fortune to be born into the truth. You did. Take that gift, and spread it to everyone, because that is what this life is about. God wants every single one of his children back home, and you don't have to wear a name tag to do that (although it does make you feel way more awesome). I'm not telling you to go on a mission. That is 100% your desicion, and I'm confident that the one you make will be the right one. Just please know that you can feel the love of God every day, and that it will make you stronger. I challenge you to read a little bit more tonight, to start The Book of Mormon over again. Not at First Nephi, but at the Title page. My branch president asked me to do that 4 1/2 weeks ago, and I just finished. It is so much better that just spot reading. Read all of the chapter headings, don't skip anything. I promise you that as you do that, your tetimony will grow. Mine definitely has.
I wish I could write you more, but I've gotta get to work.
I know that God lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I have physically felt his hands bear me up when I have been too weak to stand. I know that as you walk through those cold, dark hallways at school, that Jesus Christ, your savior, is right there next to you. I know that the Temple is the House of God. I get to go every week, and it's freakin' awesome. Keep yourself clean, both in body and mind.
And stay away from boys. They're stupid
I love you sissy
Elder Smith