September 23, 2013

Mae (mom),

Things here have been fantastic. We have a baptism scheduled for the 5th, we had one last night. Things are really moving along. Elder Hancock, my new Elder i'm training, is doing great. Everything is really opening up. I love all of the members, we have a really good relationship. They don't care too much about missionary work, so it's hard to get them to come out with us. But they're all good people. Ugh I miss Palm Harbor Ward so much sometimes. Everyone there always supported me so much. I can still feel their prayers. 

AND I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT'S YOUR NEW CALLING!!! THOSE ARE THE GUYS I WAS TEACHING BEFORE I LEFT!!! well, not the girls, but you know. Tell them I really miss 'em and I'm going to try to write them if I get time. It's so hard to write letters. But I have been thinking about them.

I'll try to write madi. I don't have her email though. But I miss her, and I miss G like crazy. I was teaching one of our investigators this week, and we started teaching about families. I started teaching about the Plan of Salvation, and how families can be forever. She asked about my family, and I told her about all you guys. I was crying so hard I'm surprised she understood me. But she started crying as well, and said she can tell I really love my family. That lesson, I committed her to be baptized. I know I was a total punk a lot of the time back home. I really feel bad about all of the crap I put you and Dad through. But I am trying hard to become a better person. I feel so much more love in my life. And the love I have for others is completely shaping who I am. I feel my Savior's love for me every day. 

Missionary work isn't just the responsibility of the missionaries. It is a commandment given to all of God's children who know the truth. Keep finding and thinking of those friends you have. No matter who it is, everyone has questions that can be answered through the Book of Mormon. I have such a strong testimony of that. And PLEASE FEED THEM! No one ever has us over here. But it's ok. 

Anyway, I love y'all. Y'all'rr in my prayers.

Com Patos,

Elder Smith